Deliciously refreshing smoothie with Protein Power that is perfect after a workout or a hot summer day. Protein Power provides an extra dose of plant-based protein while replenishing it with amino acids, vitamins and minerals.
"So refreshing, and perfect after exercise", was rated 9.5 out of 10 by the teenagers.
Ingredients (enough for 2 glasses):
- 1/3 mini watermelon (medium size)
- 10-15 frozen strawberries (depending on size)
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp Protein Power
- Top with lemon balm
Cut the watermelon (use 1/3 of a medium melon), and remove the seeds. Everything. blend the watermelon and strain it to remove the seeds.
Add the strawberries, Protein Power and squeeze the lime (strain out the seeds if any happened to be included, otherwise it may give a bitter taste). Blend everything until it becomes a smooth smoothie. Top with lemon balm for decoration or a slice of melon on the rim of the glass.
Tip! Save the rest of the watermelon and use it as a snack.
Here are also some interesting facts about the watermelon:
- Watermelon contains lots of vitamins and minerals (vitamin A/C, vitamin B6, thiamin and some potassium and magnesium)
- Increases satiety (but few calories)
- Antioxidants that strengthen the immune system increase protection against colds etc.
- Said to relieve exercise soreness (according to a study published in the Journal of Agricultural & Food Chemistry).